Indulge in a luscious and flavorful dessert with this Lemon and Olive Oil Cake recipe. Made with Terra Delyssa® Extra Virgin Olive Oil, this vegetarian-friendly cake is perfect for satisfying your sweet cravings. Enjoy it with fresh strawberries and whipped cream for a delightful experience!
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 30 Minutes
Total Time: 45 Minutes
Diet Category: Vegetarian, Dessert
- 1 cup of granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- The zest of two lemons
- 1 cup of Terra Delyssa® Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 cup of Greek yogurt
- The juice of 1 lemon
- 2 cups of flour
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 2 cups of fresh strawberries, cut in half
- 2 Tablespoons of honey
- The juice of half a lemon (for the topping)
- 1 cup of heavy whipping cream
- 2 Tablespoons of icing sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350 °F. Grease two 8-inch round cake pans and line with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, mix granulated sugar with the lemon zest. Add eggs, Terra Delyssa® Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Greek yogurt, and lemon juice. Mix well.
- In another bowl, mix flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients mixture.
- Divide the cake batter evenly into the two cake pans. Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- In a small bowl, mix honey and lemon juice. Brush the mixture onto the top of the cakes while they're still warm.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the heavy whipping cream and icing sugar until stiff peaks form.
- Serve the cakes with fresh strawberries and whipped cream on top.
This Lemon and Olive Oil Cake recipe is perfect for anyone looking for a delicious dessert. Made with the finest Terra Delyssa® Extra Virgin Olive Oil, this cake is sure to impress your taste buds! Enjoy it with friends and family or as a special treat for yourself.