Get your cozy on and create a delicious, creamy leek soup using our extra virgin olive oil! It's the perfect winter dish for when you want something comforting and flavorful.
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 20 Minutes
Total Time: 30 Minutes
Diet Category: Vegetarian, Vegan, Dairy Free
3 Tablespoons Terra Delyssa® Extra Virgin Olive Oil
2 Leeks, washed & chopped
2 Large Russet Potatoes, peeled & cubes
1/2 cup Onion, diced
2 Garlic Cloves, minced
1 teaspoon Salt
1/2 teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
4 cups Vegetable Broth
1 cup Dairy Free Plant Cream or Full-Fat Coconut Milk
1 Tablespoon Fresh Parsley, roughly chopped
1 Baguette, toasted & sliced
- Heat a soup pot on medium-high heat then add Terra Delyssa® Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
- To the pot add the chopped leeks and sauté for a couple of minutes.
- Next, add the diced potato and sauté for another couple of minutes.
- Now add the diced onion and minced garlic. Stir and sauté for two more minutes then add the vegetables broth.
- Cover the pot and simmer on medium heat for 10-15 minutes or until the potato is fully cooked through and can be mashed easily with a fork.
- Turn off the heat then season with salt and ground black pepper. At this point, you may scoop some of the cooked leek and potatoes and reserve them for the soup topping.
- Transfer the remainder to a high-speed blender and blend the soup until smooth, or has reached desired consistency. You can also use an immersion blender.
- Transfer the blended leek soup bac to the pot and add dairy free plant cream. Stir to combine then taste for seasoning. Adjust if needed.
- Ladle the soup into bowls, top with the reserved cooked leek and potatoes, parsley and more ground black pepper, if desired.