Terra Delyssa organic dates do an amazing job in this granola recipe. Chewy, sweet, sticky enough to hold all the ingredients together like a cluster of goodness, and straight from the earth. What else do you need?
This granola is a dessert on its own in my opinion. I love to eat them as is, with a cup of freshly brewed tea or coffee, as a topping on Greek yogurt, ice cream, or smoothies for energy-boosting breakfast or even as a pre-workout snack or sometimes even treat it as cereal, but a healthy one with milk.
Prep Time: 35 Minutes
Cook Time: 35 Minutes
Total Time: 1 Hour and 10 Minutes
Diet Category: Vegetarian, Vegan
- 2 cups or 400g @terradelyssa dates
- 2 cups boiling water to soak
- 1/2 cup peanut, almond or any seed butter
- 2 tsp cinnamon, but the more, the merrier
- 3 cups old fashioned rolled oats
- 2 tbsp. @terradelyssa Extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup chopped almonds
- 1/3 cup chopped hazelnuts
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- 1/3 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/3 cup chopped dates
- 1/4 cup coconut chips
- Soak the dates in boiling water for at least 30 minutes.
- In a high-speed blender, combine the dates, 3/4 cup of water that you soaked the dates in, nut butter, cinnamon and a pinch of salt and blend until smooth and thick.
- *Add the remaining water little by little and scrape down the sides. Make sure to only add enough water to form the sauce.
- Preheat the oven to 300F.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the oats, nuts, and seeds.
- Add the date mixture and @terradelyssa olive oil to the dry ingredients and combine thoroughly until evenly coated.
- Line 2 baking pans with parchment paper. Spread out the granola evenly between the pans in a thin layer. Press and flatten with a spatula or your hands.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until golden. Keep an eye on it and rotate the pan every 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and break into smaller cluster pieces.
- Place the granola clusters back into the oven and bake for an additional 10 minutes.
- Add the chopped dates while it is still hot.
- Cool for 15 minutes. It will get crispier as it cools
- Add coconut chips