This is a 2-in-1 recipe. The homemade crispy kale is the perfect guilt-free snack. Add it to roasted squash seasoned with Zaatar and make the perfect appetizer or side dish to your dinner
Prep Time: 25 Minutes
Cook Time: 5 Minutes
Total Time: 30 Minutes
Diet Category: Vegetarian, Gluten-Free, Vegan
2-3 cups Kale
3 teaspoons Terra Delyssa® Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
2 medium-sized squash – we used a beautiful orange acorn squash and a delicata squash
2 tablespoons Terra Delyssa Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 tablespoon za’atar seasoning
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
- Preheat the oven to 300ºF. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Tear or chop the kale into small pieces, remove as many of the center stems as you can.
- Toss the kale with oil until evenly coated and arrange in a single layer on the baking pan, sprinkle with sea salt.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, until crispy. Set aside and increase the temperature of the oven to 400ºF.
Za’atar Roasted Squash
- Line a baking pan with parchment paper. Set aside. Cut the acorn squash in half, along the horizontal line. Scoop out the seeds. Then cut each half into 8 wedges. Cut the ends off of a delicate squash and then slice the squash into 1/4″ Scoop out the seeds.
- Drizzle the olive oil over the squash. Add the Za’atar seasoning and the sea salt. Toss it all together until evenly coated.
- Arrange the squash in a single layer on the line baking pan, with a flesh side down. Roast at 400ºF for 15 minutes, until the side facing down begins to brown. Flip the squash onto the other side and roast for another 15 to 20 minutes, until tender.
- Add the crispy kale to the squash and top with the pomegranate seeds. Enjoy!